Whilst we always prefer to see the physical copy of your license, we do understand that this isn’t always possible. In order to take part in your Drive Experience we do need verification of your license status, therefore if you’re unable to provide your physical valid driving license, you will need to provide a DVLA check code to our team.
The DVLA check code is the online counterpart of your photo card driving license. The check code allows you to view and share you driving license information and is valid for 21 days.
To obtain a DVLA check code you will need to click here. You will be asked for your full driving licence number, National Insurance number and your postcode, so make sure you have them handy.
You will then need to:
- Click on the tab to share your licence information
- Then click the green button which says "create a code"
- Underneath your code there will be a link to say "view, print or save your licence information" which you will again need to click
- A PDF pop up will then appear. Simply select save and, this will then give you the option to save it to your documents.
- Once copies of all licences have been saved, you will need to bring copies of these, printed or on a mobile device and present them to our registration staff on the day.
PLEASE NOTE licence holders must use the 'Share your licence information' functionality when providing their licence information. Screen prints of the 'Your Details', 'Vehicles you can drive' and 'Penalties and disqualifications' pages, are not intended for sharing and cannot be accepted.
These are the ONLY forms of license proof that our team can accept and without either of these you will be unable to complete your driving experience.